The Bartlet Jones Supernatural Detective Agency has announced a release date of April 4th, 2017 for their very sketchy third person shooter, Drawn to Death, in a new trailer. The footage shows off a lot of gameplay and a quick interview with David Jaffe, the game's designer. Jaffe went on to explain the game's premise, mechanics and how much community feedback played a role in the game's development.
Originally the developers pitched the game as a free-to-play title at the Playstation Experience in December 2014. However, they switched to a pay-to-play model as they were beta testing the game. Drawn to Death will launch with 6 characters, 10 maps and 26 weapons, with a variety of different modes to challenge players and keep the game alive. The six heroes are: Johhny Savage, Diabla Tijuana, Cyborgula, Alan, Ninjaw and Bronco. Each character will have their own perks, weapons and special abilities.
The developers also provided a quick explanation for all the different game modes that will be available at launch:
- Organ Donor: In this objective based mode, Players must shoot the heart out of an enemy’s chest. Then take the heart to a stationary base for 1 point. Take the heart to a moving base for 2X points! First Player to 20 points wins!
- Classic Deathmatch: First to 10 kills wins.
- Classic Team Deathmatch: First team with 20 kills wins.
- Core Deathmatch: First Player to 5 points wins. 1 kill = 1 point, but every time you die you lose a point. (Defense matters!)
- Core Team Deathmatch: Same as Core Deathmatch, but for teams. First team to 10 points wins.
- Brawl: In this mode, levels get smaller on the fly to create a more intense one-on-one battle/fighting game experience!
Drawn to Death will come out exclusively for the Playstation 4 on April 4th 2017 and will cost $19.99.
Are you planning on picking this game up ? Did you play it in closed beta ? Let us know in the comments!